EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES FOR LEADERS
The best leaders are those that never stop learning. Acquiring new knowledge and skills allows you to better yourself and inspire others. Thanks to modern technologies, it's easier than ever to get an education these days. Read on for a quick roundup of essential learning resources for leaders from all fields.
Make More Time for Reading
Good old-fashioned books and articles are a treasure trove of information.
● Invest in a high-quality ebook reader so you can easily access many publications.
● Check out some of the best-selling leadership books of all time.
● Subscribe to mainstream publications read by top leaders, such as Forbes and the MIT Sloan Management Review.
Use Digital Tools to Learn
If reading isn't your thing, there are other ways to get the knowledge you need to lead.
● Stream podcasts like the Not Rude, Honest Podcast to stay on top of diverse topics.
● Use apps designed to enhance leadership skills, like The Leadership Challenge.
● Watch streaming television shows that inspire leaders, like Suits and Workin' Moms.
Participate In Educational Events
Participating in face-to-face events allows you to learn and network simultaneously.
● Research conferences targeting leaders and managers. Some are in-person and others are digital.
● Look up events specific to your industry using ticketing platforms like Eventbrite.
● Come prepared to network to any business event you attend.
Go Back to School
Academic learning can provide you with knowledge plus credentials to further your career.
● Look up community colleges near you to find relevant courses on topics like accounting or human resources.
● Complete a formal MBA program via Western Governors University. You can do it online alongside your career.
● Browse YouTube's "Learning" channel for relevant topics to educate yourself about.
As you can see, there is no shortage of resources available to help aspiring leaders hone their skills. Choose the format that best fits your needs for maximum success.