As we all know, most of the world is currently on lockdown due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Although the virus itself is nothing to play with (this is NOT a drill!), the internet has not failed in bringing a little humour to an otherwise depressing time. The creativity and constant development of online entertainment has been the best thing to come out of the quarantine and I'm here to share a few of them with you, hopefully it will brighten your day.
1. Coronavirus Themed Music - There are quite a few coronavirus "theme songs" but this remix of Cardi B's video is definitely my favourite (click here for the full song).
2. #DontRushChallenge - I don't know who started it but the song by Young T & Bugsey feat. Headie One was turned into a "glow up" challenge and it has evolved so much in the last two weeks; from medical staff and armed forces personnel in and out of uniform, to cutie pies like the ones below, pre and post glam. You love to see it! 🥰
3. Johntá Austin vs Ne-yo Songwriter Instagram Battle - This was definitely one for the history books. Playing classic R&B hits, this battle was the best of all IG Battles and made for a great evening. Johntá clearly won (argue with your ears!) but I loved the humility and camaraderie between them. #Legends
4. Kelly Rowland's "Coffee with Kelly" - I love me some Kelendria so watching her in her element, drunk and having girl talk with her best friends, Lala and Angie Beyince, was so much fun. The follow up episode is out tonight so tune in via her IG stories.
P.S. Y'all should have known Ms. Kelly was a freak by listening to her music! 😜
5. #SavageChallenge - Someone (please credit them below if you know who) created this choreography to Meghan Thee Stallion's single "Savage" and it has gone viral. Here is Ryan Destiny and Normani's rendition and I heart it.
That's my short list but the quarantine has definitely been made easier by the many creators working double time to produce content, the endless banter on Twitter (follow @notrude_honest) and the very many creatives that have used the internet to let their talents shine.
What is has been your favourite source of entertainment during this quarantine? Leave your suggestions in the comments below, share this post with anyone who needs a pick me up and of course,